CleanDbc is a utility used for troubleshooting issues with your SIMS database. SIMS technical support may ask you to run the CleanDbc utility if you are having problems with your database.
- Make sure SIMS is closed on all workstations.
- Download the latest version of CleanDbc and save it to your desktop:
- Select the file you just downloaded and drag it into the SIMS installation folder (normally “c:\program files (x86)\sims”).
- From the SIMS installation folder, double-click the file you just dragged there.
If you receive an error at this point, you're probably trying to run CleanDbc from somewhere other than SIMS installation folder.
- Browse to and select your database when prompted.
If you subscribe to a SIMS maintenance plan , continue with step 6. Otherwise, skip to step 8.
- A report file will be displayed once processing has completed. Click File/Save As... and save the report file to your desktop.
- Compose a new email using your email application, and attach the file you saved in the previous step. Address the email to email@example.com and send.
Example of email with attachment in Outlook
- Open SIMS and run File Maintenance