Consecutive logon attempts that are unsuccessful due to an invalid password will cause a user’s account to be locked. This will occur upon the 4th consecutive failed attempt. User accounts that become locked must be unlocked from within SIMS.
To unlock a SIMSAnywhere user account:
- Select Tools/Security/Settings from the SIMS menu. Note: Security settings can only be modified by a user with administrator privileges.
- Select the Users folder
- Right-click the locked user account and choose Properties from the context menu.
- Select the SIMSAnywhere tab and click the Check online account status link.
- Click Yes from the prompt to unlock the account.
- Click OK to close the Properties window.
- OPTIONAL: If the user has forgotten their password, you can reset it from the Security window by right-clicking the user account and choosing Set Password from the context menu.